Prevx Edge and process explorer,False possitive but Not so sure.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Dark Shadow, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Well I tried running process explorer from technet Microsoft.com and when I extracted the zipp I got this from Prevx Edge.I am thinking FP after upload to VT 39 scanner say Nothing.Now I cleanup and downloaded from Cnet no Detection.I cleaned that up tried again from Technet and again detection.My suspect a FP but Not sure Now since CNet comes back clean.A heads to all just in case.

Attached Files:

2. Dark Shadow

I did not clean up with prexv since its trial not paid but ran CCleaner and physicaly eyeballed temps/cache.Here is a re scan with prevx.

Attached Files:

3. sded

sded Registered Member

I just downloaded the new Process Explorer 11.33 from Technet (using Opera 9.63) with Prevx Edge 3.0.1.8 active; not a peep. Installed without incident.

4. Dark Shadow

thanks thats what I thought probably a FP.I Just noticed that at Cnet its version 11.32 and the latter at technet 11.33 is where prevx flags it.There must be something it dont like to give it a FP.

5. sded

sded Registered Member

Or PrevxHelp is so fast that maybe he saw your post and snuck in and fixed it already. ;) Thanks for the lead on the new version, BTW.

6. Dark Shadow

Thank you for the fast reply.cheers

7. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Just saw this post now - please let me know if you do still experience any FP and I'll take a look at it, but the database may have fixed it by itself :)

8. Dark Shadow

Thanks will let you know If I do. Prevx is on my to do purchase list.Very Nice So far runs fantastic with my other security programs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.