Prevx Edge and process explorer,False possitive but Not so sure.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Dark Shadow, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Well I tried running process explorer from technet Microsoft.com and when I extracted the zipp I got this from Prevx Edge.I am thinking FP after upload to VT 39 scanner say Nothing.Now I cleanup and downloaded from Cnet no Detection.I cleaned that up tried again from Technet and again detection.My suspect a FP but Not sure Now since CNet comes back clean.A heads to all just in case.

Attached Files:

2. Dark Shadow

I did not clean up with prexv since its trial not paid but ran CCleaner and physicaly eyeballed temps/cache.Here is a re scan with prevx.

Attached Files:

3. sded

sded Registered Member

I just downloaded the new Process Explorer 11.33 from Technet (using Opera 9.63) with Prevx Edge 3.0.1.8 active; not a peep. Installed without incident.

4. Dark Shadow

thanks thats what I thought probably a FP.I Just noticed that at Cnet its version 11.32 and the latter at technet 11.33 is where prevx flags it.There must be something it dont like to give it a FP.

5. sded

sded Registered Member

Or PrevxHelp is so fast that maybe he saw your post and snuck in and fixed it already. ;) Thanks for the lead on the new version, BTW.

6. Dark Shadow

Thank you for the fast reply.cheers

7. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Just saw this post now - please let me know if you do still experience any FP and I'll take a look at it, but the database may have fixed it by itself :)

8. Dark Shadow

Thanks will let you know If I do. Prevx is on my to do purchase list.Very Nice So far runs fantastic with my other security programs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.