Prevx detection

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Tarnak, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I can't figure out why this file (see screenshot) is detected, but not when I am running the latest RC 3.0.5.23 in another snapshot. BTW, my license has expired recently. ;)

Since, I am confident of keeping things out of my system ( famous last words), that I don't want, I feel fine in running Prevx for detection only. :D

Attached Files:

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you send a scan log to report@prevxresearch.com so we can investigate it closer? :) Thanks!

3. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Log scan sent. :)

If anyone is interested I got the detected file from here (see screenshot), which link was posted in another Wilders' thread ;)

Attached Files:

4. PrevxHelp

Avast detects the file as well... and it was originally named "EQSecure - treat with caution".

Is it possible that this is an infected/modified version?

I'm downloading the exe from that link now and should have some results shortly :)

5. PrevxHelp

Hmm.... the file from the link you've posted is different from the file in the log you sent - we don't detect the one from the link (only PC Tools does as a FP as the file is legitimate).

It might be worth replacing your file with the new download just to make sure you're using a clean version :) Or, feel free to send over the file you have for further analysis if wanted.

6. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I tracked down the thread where the detected file was mentioned, See post #10 in - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=256388

7. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Sorry, I think I referenced the wrong file in my post. I will send you the exe shortly. I am on dial up, so it takes awhile. So don't wait up for it. Joe you have to sleep, some time. :D

8. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I received a reply from report@Prevxresearch, earlier this morning, advising the detection has been removed. A scan has confirmed. :)

Also, they advise it may be a cracked version of EQSecure.

9. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

'treat with caution' was the name I originally gave this file on my PC after I downloaded it from the Wilders thread. Hitman subsequently detected it and I presume has uploaded it, from where it has found its way to Prevx. Hmmmm.

10. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Just to clarify, I initally posted the incorrect file as per my post in #3 above.

I should have referenced this file instead, see post #19 - About EQSecure Pro 4.2 - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1567932&postcount=19

So where Joe says,

he is referring to an incorrect file mentioned by me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.