Prevx beta,rc,stable release versioning/history et al

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by horseman, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. horseman

horseman Registered Member

A quick refresh to my failing memory and pointer to the link please:
    Somewhere(not found during last hour's search) I've missed/forgotten the explanation of where to locate the beta versions,including the current releases and history?

Prevx works so well that over last 5+ years I only sporadically have to leave my Mac environment and support the rest of my Windoze family with various Windows VM's testbeds. The latter have beta versions installed and family members have stable releases.
    No2 son has added another PC h/w DIY build and having disembowelled his system configuration/tuning(Win7) and untangled PrevX (SOL) licensing so he has 2 of my 6 family licenses I've completely lost the plot over which is current stable release (220?) and which is public Beta (230?) and how to change/toggle between them!

I suppose it's possible this may no longer be in the public domain any longer - but I don't want to bother Joe prematurely with a PM as I'm try to give him a year off without one of my pathologically extreme Prevx challenges! ;)

EDIT: Ooops - forgot to check old PM's. Suspect source is http://info.prevx.com/download.asp?GRAB=PREVX……BETA
    That seems to have rel date Nov2010 but presumably it then auto updates from another server covertly?

However pointer to more comprehensive detail/versioning history still very much welcomed?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

You can uninstall/reinstall the beta version directly from http://info.prevx.com/download.asp?grab=prevxcsibeta

We don't have a version history available publicly but many threads on here describe the changes. There isn't much changed in the .230 build so you can use either the .220 or .230 build without a problem :)

3. horseman

horseman Registered Member

I'm obliged - thanks again…

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.