Prevx becomes a zombie...

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by m00nbl00d, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

A relative of mine wanted to use Prevx, but only when needed. So, I removed protection with the option to only enable it back on reboot, or by right-clicking the tray bar icon and click Load.

The thing is, from time to time, Prevx keeps on coming back, including the scan before reloading protection.

Scheduled scans are disabled.

I've also experienced this myself, sometime ago... but since I don't really use Prevx, I never gave it much concern.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I haven't seen this behavior before, although it might be worth having them run without removing protection - just use the free version if you don't want to use a license key.

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

They're using the facebook version. Considering that Prevx SafeOnline doesn't allow to select which application to protect, it will obviously protect any browser they are running. They just wanted it for the browser they use to access their bank account. So, the solution was to remove protection and only load it when needed.

But, for some reason, and this is something I experienced myself sometime ago, Prevx reloads on its own. o_O The Realtime Infection Monitoring won't become active, though.

Why is Prevx reloading itself? Since there's an option to remove protection, and load it again on reboot or manually reload it, I'd expect it to remain inactive, until protection is loaded, manually, by the user him/herself.

Could you (or any other person from Webroot) try and remove its protection and let it be like that for quite a few hours (It really takes quite a few hours. It doesn't happen that often), and see what happens?

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I'll take a closer look - thanks for the detail!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.