Prevx and Online games

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Watermonger, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watermonger

Watermonger Registered Member

I recently re-installed Prevx on my PC. I had previously used it on my PC to remove some viruses that I had gotten, I eventually ended up Formatting my hard drive. Somehow that drive got messed up and would shut off my computer whenever I plugged it in. So I installed windows on a new drive. Anyways, I re-installed it after I had downloaded and installed ~Possible malware link removed~ and immediately got a BSOD, I assumed it was a virus so I downloaded Prevx 3.0. Well I scanned with Prevx and the only thing that came up was some program I had downloaded for GTA4 months ago. Immediately after downloading Prevx I was getting problems connecting to websites and when I tried to play Modern Warfare 2 I would loose connection halfway through a match. I figured it might just be the game so I tried playing another game, Same problem. So I tried uninstalling Prevx to no avail. Tried to use System restore, couldn't find a restore point before installing Prevx. I don't know for a fact that Prevx is causing the problems. But since this only started happening AFTER installing Prevx, I have to assume that it COULD be causing the problems. This is really getting on my nerves and I am at the point where I'm ready to re-format AGAIN. I would really like some help on this.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2010
  2. vojta

vojta Registered Member

I've just reported that link to Admin. You should have never post this if you think it could be malware.

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    Could you please send us a scan log by clicking Tools - Save Scan Results and email it to report@prevxresearch.com? It may be worth trying to uninstall/reinstall Modern Warfare 2, however, it is unlikely that Prevx is affecting network results, but if there is something interfering, a scan log should allow us to track down the issue.

Thanks for the heads up on that, and thanks to ronjor for removing it :)

4. Watermonger

Well the problem is not just in Modern Warfare 2. I get connection issues in other games as well, and also with my web browser.

Edit: can I post scan results here?

5. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

It's best if you follow PrevxHelp (Joe) advice and send a scan log to report@prevxresearch.com with a link to this thread as he does the best and beyond to help anyone with there problems! ;)
    TH

6. Watermonger

I think I figured out the problem, I lowered self protection from maximum to minimum. Now I am no longer getting connection problems.

7. Triple Helix

Did you send a log to see why you had to lower your self protection from maximum to minimum to get an answer to your problem! The thing is that if you have a problem and then if someone comes along with the same issue then we can help them out to get there problem fixed as we all benefit! ;)

Regards,

TH

8. Watermonger

Ya, Ill send it.

9. Triple Helix

Cheers,

TH

10. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Thank you for the information - we'll definitely keep this in mind if other users come in with similar problems!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.