Prevx and AcroReader IE Plugin

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by spiff5000, Jul 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiff5000

spiff5000 Registered Member

I have to add my 2 cents...

Like previous postings, I get alerts for spysweeper. I also get alerts for Norton.

Today was third time since installing Prevx last week that my PC hung. This time I was patient. It took 45 minutes just to get task manager to display my processes sorted by CPU usage. Looks like the acro reader IE plugin (ver.6) was 100%. I finally got it to release. This makes sense since I was trying to close IE with an embedded .pdf that locked up.

I've read that Adobe Acrobat Reader v6 has a web-enabled service (rsMenu.exe) constantly running. Has anyone else has a problem with Prevx and AcroReader? I've never had a problem with AcroReader before.

-Spiff5000

2. Hyperion

Hyperion Registered Member

I m having sometimes problem with Acrobat Reader (5.0.5) when allowing him to internet.Sometimes when i close the window it doesn't shut off.In the task manager there is a Acroread32.exe (or something like that,i can't remember) that slows down my pc unless i kill it manually.

This independently from the use of PrevX.I haven't observed any particular conflict with it.

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I get this, too.. and I think it ocassionally hits the processor pretty hard when it's hung in memory. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a "feature"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.