Prevx 3.0

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Eystein, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eystein

Eystein Registered Member

Hi just recently purchased prevx 3.0 and have a few question:

1. The online protection (Prevx safeonline) doesnt seem to work. Neither my internet explorer or firefox have a online protection tab, and i set it to scan when i entered my bank website but nothing happened.

2. is the database for prevx for viruses from 2009? Or is it updated still. I really hope the latter is the case as I purchased a 2 year lisence.

2. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Hi and welcome to Wilders. :)

I suggest you read the following thread then decide whether Webroot SecureAnywhere might suit your needs better: WSA ROCKS A 5.5 / 4.0 / 5.0 AV-TEST

Regards

3. Eystein

Thanks for the information. I hope I can convert. Ordered today and to my shock I realised the program doesnt work in my firefox / internet explorer.

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

PM sent ;)

5. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Which is why I maintain that Webroot have a duty of care to prospective customers to make it clear on the Prevx website that Prevx 3 is end-of-life software before selling new licenses.

@PrevxHelp: Resolving this by PMs and manual conversion of mis-sold Prevx licenses on a case-by-case basis doesn't address the fundamental issue this raises. Why can't Webroot just update the Prevx website, as previously suggested, in order to make the situation clear to new customers prior to purchase, most of whom should now be buying WSA instead?

6. Eystein

While I do agree that it should be noted on the website more carefully, I also want to say thanks for helping out and converting the lisence. Legally I am not sure they HAD to do that so that shows a great company spirit.

7. sturgess

sturgess Registered Member

The knowing wink tells it all PrevxHelp. I'm assuming you have pulled a few strings for Eystein and he is a happy chappie again. Pity about the poor plebs who are still waiting for that promised upgrade though, how about sending them a PM ?

8. sturgess

Eystein "that shows a great company spirit."
    Wrong, leaving many thousands of folk using an inferior product is not a great anything, you were lucky.

9. Eystein

Hmm I seem to have stumbled into a very sore subject? I am sorry I did not know this. All I know is legaly they probably where not required to do this and I am glad they do. That was my comment nothing more nothing less.

10. sturgess

As I said you were lucky, what's the weather like in Norway ? :)

11. Eystein

Well since I live far up north its actually still snowing...... But thats a good excuse to stay inside updating your antivirus software :)

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

it works, when I installed it just now I could not see the green tab. It was actually on top of the IE9 browser, I minimized the size of the page then clicked it and moved it to where I wanted it.

13. Eystein

Your correct if you minimize the browser, I also see a privx bar. But it does not initilize a scan like I told it to do so still not working correctly, besides not really cool that I have to minimize my iexplorer to see the privx bar. Also my firefox have no privx bar at all so totaly not working with firefox. (and I primarly use firefox.)

14. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Eystein, haven't they converted license key, so then you should install WSA and insert new keycode? Sorry if I'm wrong.

15. zach

zach Registered Member

I'd like to finally get my upgrade.

16. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I can only get a new license for an exact year license as a replacement. If someone has just purchased a new license, they can then be given a replacement. We're still working on the general upgrades and will have them available as soon as possible. I know it's been dragging on for a long time now but I unfortunately can't offer a more accurate timeline at this point as there are too many interdependencies.

17. Yanick

Yanick Registered Member

I also tried the Prevx 3 SafeOnline for IE 9 and it works very well :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.