Prevx 2.0 Beta Any one testing,thoughts and opinions

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Dark Shadow, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Has any one tried or trying prevx 2.0 Vista Beta yet.After trying edge for a few days I thought I give 2.0 a run. So far I like what it has to offer and seems to gives a user greater control as a IPS would I guess.I like that it has program monitor and event monitor if needed,I like there different levels as of ABC,Pro,Expert that covers different users groups and the jail applications.Feel free to jump in here with your thoughts and opinions. thanks

2. webbit

webbit Registered Member

i do like prevx, but for vista beta puts me off a bit, and what does prevx do that edge does not

3. PrevxMalwareHelp

PrevxMalwareHelp Registered Member

My suggestion would most certainly be to use Prevx Edge on Vista.

4. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I would use Edge on Vista ... Prevx 2 is great on XP

5. Dark Shadow

Why may I ask.Is it because prevx 2 is beta or maybe 2 will be discountinued do to the development of edge.I am not worried about hips in a beta and disaster happening..I have faced it before and I have always been able to recover if not from pc rescue then a off line image drive back up or recovery CDs.

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Prevx2 is stable and complete for its purposes, however, moving forward we will be focusing on Edge. We are leaving Prevx2 available for users who are interested in the more "techie" features of it which are hidden from the user in Edge.

The primary reason why Prevx2 is in "beta" for Vista is that it is fundamentally incompatible with UAC - if you are willing (or eager :D) to turn off UAC in Vista, Prevx2 will work fine.

(Also, if you're interested, you should not run into problems using Edge and Prevx2 side-by-side.)

7. Dark Shadow

This is what I like is the tech stuff and I have control to run a program once,always,or Not at all.I have No problem running UAC off,Did not have in the DOS days up to the XP days.So If I read you correct a safer Development bet is prevx edge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.