preventing image splitting

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by bollity, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bollity

bollity Registered Member

I use paragin partition manager 10 recovery bootable cd to make back up of my system partition, but i notice that it alaways split the image into 2Gb files even if i unchecked "enable image splitting" option.
    It took me many trials and a lot of time to discover that i must also check "do not control archive integrity" option to prevent image splitting.

another point that need explain is the small file with the red "a" in the same folder of backup file( see the attached pic). if i deleted this file can i still recover my partition ?

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      3.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

bollity,

There is no way to disable image splitting to 2GB files in Linux-based Paragon recovery CD.
    The reason is: backup wizard doesn't know what file system is used in backup destination. It could ne NTFS/FAT32/FAT16. NTFS doesn't have file size limits, but FAT32 allows to save only 4GB files and FAT16 - 2GB files.
    To avoid archive corruption (archive file will be 'saved' but will be unusable), split is made by default.

So, your second file Img_0_0 is part of full archive. Do not delete any files from archive folder. It will lead to archive corruption.

Last edited: May 12, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.