Premium Rate Dialer Popups

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by AnthonyG, Aug 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

I was wondering if someone could help me as im at wits end.
    I have Aol Broadband and my problem is when viewing certain sites (sites which have advertisement popups in them like IMDB) instead of the sites own advertisements im getting these awful premium rate dialer popup requests.

Once they pop up they say do you want to download premium rate content (which means downloading a dialler i think) I click no and it then it sayes are you sure you dont want to download this content, if i click either ok or cancel, it still goes to the download screan. There is no way to stop them from going to the download screan.

Here is the one that i have always been getting (for about a month now).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/Uniman1uk/3.jpg

I have done six system restalls (this completely wipes my computer and sets it to its factory settings (ive checked with PC World and they say it should definitely have getten rid of it))

But it keeps coming back.

I have a firewll installed (Mcaffe) and ive tried Adaware, Spybot, pestscan, a2personal, spy sweeper, Norton Antivrus Corperate edition search (this is the virus checker i have) and numerous others but nothing finds anything on my computer, (i think its because i dont think the dialler is actually on my computer just pop ups asking me to get one).

I was told that the popups could be being installed when ive installed a program but i have no clue which

Yesterday i was advised to look at my internet connections and i saw something called internet (2) i deleated it, and when i went to imdb i didnt have the dialer pop ups so i thought that was it fixed. Today i went back to imdb and im dumbfound as a brand new dialer request popped up (this is the first time ive ever saw this so i dont have a clue where its come from) And the internet (2) is back under connections (so i dont know where thats coming back from)

Here is the new one
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/Uniman1uk/4.jpg

Please help as i dont know what to do, yesterday i changed to a new browser (mozilla) but i want to get these evil things off my computer.
    I havent been to any risky sites that i am aware of (PC World said they could be being sent directly to my computer as they know my isp or something, but i thought a firewall could stop this) but i dont know how they are keep coming back after i have wiped clean my hard drive six times.

Thank you for any help you may provide as like i say im at my wits end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.