Precautions for a fresh install. .....please help

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ramuk, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramuk

ramuk Registered Member

Hi all and the acronis technical support,

Well, I had asked all your help last time when my computer crashed after I made a second incremental backup with TI8. Later on, I found that there was some problem with the hard disk....although I am not sure whether ATI caused the failure or the HDD failed prior to the ATI backup. o_O

Here is the story of my last issue: :'(
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=523970#post523970

Now, I have completely formatted the disk and installed the OS. I badly need your advise regarding a good installation and also regarding the type of backup I need to make.

Pleas note my configuration as it may come handy for any faults I may have overlooked. :rolleyes:

I am running a Windows XP professional on a Pentium 4, 1.60 GHz, 512 MB RAM. I have a MAxtor 160 GB harddisk divided into 3 partitions C:(60 GB), D: (20 GB) and E: (80 GB). I have NTFS file system on C: and E:, while FAT32 on D:. WILL THIS MATTER?

Secondly, only C: will have the OS installed, so when I take an image of C:, can I store it in E: (since it is the same HArddisk)?

Do I need to shut down the antispyware and antivirus software while I perform the imaging?

If these matters have already been dealt and answered, could you please direct me to the specific link.

I appreciate all your comments and advises. :D

Thanks.

regards
    ramuk

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ramuk,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

You can store the image of the system on any partition you wish and on any other media as well. I would recommend that you create an image of the whole disk to be able to restore the system and make it bootable. You don't need to shut down any programs to make the image.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.