Pre-purchase question

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by fredkh, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fredkh

fredkh Registered Member

Well, I am new to these forums and I just had a couple of questions before I purchase the product.
    I am planning to purchase the 3-license pack. 1 of the 3 licenses will be installed on a machine that's running 3 Operating Systems. The question is: Can I install the program on all 3 OS's (on ONE computer) using only one of the licenses?

Second question: when purchasing the program via the download method, can I pick which would be 64-bit 32-bit or does that not matter?

Thanks in advance,

Fred

2. no_idea

no_idea Registered Member

If this is a triple boot setup where technically only one installation of the ESET product will run at any given time, you're covered :)

As long as your license is valid, you are free to download and use whatever version of the licensed product your heart desires.
    Presently you have the choice of 3 major versions (2.7, 3.0 and 4.0) in 32 and 64bit versions.

3. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello Fred,

Once you purchase the program, you can choose to use the 32-bit or 64-bit version and you can choose whether you want to use v3 or v4 of ESET Smart Security. I am not sure about the answer to your first question, so I'm not going to say anything because I don't want to give you any possibly false information. You should probably ask an ESET staff member that question before purchasing.

Regards,

Mark.

4. fredkh

fredkh Registered Member

Thank you both.

Yes, this is a triple boot set-up. And only one instance of the program will be running at a time.

Just curious, if the the newest version is V4, why would someone want to download the V3 version?

Thanks again,

Fred

5. no_idea

no_idea Registered Member

For compatibility reasons someone might even want to use the 2.7 version.
    Versions 3 and above are no longer provided for "legacy" operating systems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.