Pre/Post Commands TI9.0 Home

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Naro, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naro

Naro Registered Member

What actually happens when you specify a pre or a post command. My pre command successfully executes the .bat file to which it points. But I also have a post command which I want to evoke the file Run ProBak.rrr

Run ProBak.rrr is a run document for another backup product. Doubleclicking on Run ProBak.rrr launches the operation successfully. The operation also "tests" successfully from Acronis. However, when I point to that file named Run ProBak.rrr from the Acronis post command feature and let Acronis evoke it.. all that happens is that the other program's flash screen starts, then ends, then Acronis shutsdown. Should I be including Run ProBak.rrr in a .bat file, or something else to get it to execute by Acronis??

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  2. writedom

writedom Registered Member

I don't know if your script is interactive, but Acronis TI does not support interactive scripts.

3. Naro

Naro Registered Member

No, the script is not interactive. The Run xxx.rrr script launches Retrospect (another backup program) and then (without my input) executes the "run document" backing up the designated files/drives. If I were (outside of Acronis) to double-click on the Run xxx.rrr document it would operate flawlessly. If Acronis launches it... only the Retrospect flash screen then closes. BUT no Acronis error message to clue me in that Retrospect didn't work. I think Acronis thinks it DID work.
    I'm close to just giving up on this idea. I can achieve it in other ways, and leave Acronis out of the picture.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Naro,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please create a batch file to execute the script, and use it as a post command.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. Naro

Naro Registered Member

Спасибо

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.