pre install scan

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jredwards, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jredwards

jredwards Guest

is there a way to scan a windows xp computer before installing nod32? i would like to seel a company i am doing some work for copies of nod32 but ned to be sure the computers are "clean" before installing the program
    richard

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Richard, all you need to do is uninstall any current Anti-virus program that they have, install Nod32 on the machine, update it and run a scan using the settings found here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

3. jredwards

jredwards Guest

that would be all right execpt for the fact they did dot have virus software installed and are now compromised so that programs are not being installed. so need to be able to scan them from a cd with a program that will run from windows straight from the cd without doing a install or a program from a self booting cd that will scan NTFS.
    in the not to distance past one just boot to DOS and scanned the drives with a DOS base scanner. i figure there must be a virus product that can do they same thing with NTFS by now, after all its been around for more that 4 years now.
    richard

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

jredwards,

I'd probably download and run McAfee Stinger, and maybe augment that with an on-line scan, say the eTrust web scanner (select "Scan for Viruses" on the right side of the page) or the mks_vir online scanner. Both on-line scanners use ActiveX and will therefore require the use of Internet Explorer. Between those options, you should be able to quickly set the systems right if you are concerned of a potentially bad installation.

Blue

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You should be able to install Nod32 on the infected machine and run a scan in Safe Mode after updating it. You could also try following the instructions found in post number 2 here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=47830

Failing this another method is to "Slave" the infected hard drive off a clean fully protected computer and run a scan that way, thus Windows is not running on that drive while making the scan..

Hope this help...

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.