Pre install questions...Please

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by wolfwatcher51, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfwatcher51

wolfwatcher51 Registered Member

From this forum I have decided that NOD32 is the way to go. I would like to try the free trial first. I know I have to uninstall my current AV, Avast, but need your input for the other sw. I have AdAware, SpyBot,and SpywareBlaster. I also use Firefox, Thunderbird and OpenOffice. Since NOD32 reads like it is av and malware killer, can I get rid of, or need to get rid of the others? Any problem with not having Outlook or Outlook Express? Can I use the install with the special settings if I am installing the trial version? Thanks, Chris.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello ! Welcome to Wilders ! :thumb:

Excellent choice !

No , you can keep the others if you like . It is up-to-you . Since they don't run in real time , they cannot conflict with each other so it is safe to keep them if you wish so .

You do have them , you just don't use them but ... No , there is no problem :)

Yes , of course :thumb:

You are welcome ! ;)

3. wolfwatcher51

wolfwatcher51 Registered Member

HT_B, Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, you are correct about the Outlook Express :oops: I guess the real question should have been, other than Avast, do any of the other programs do/find anything that NOB32 will not? No use having more stuff to keep up with if I do not need to. Thanks again, Chris.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome ! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.