PPM 10 Pro - File system allocation errors during resize

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by David the Sane, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David the Sane

David the Sane Registered Member

I have a headless remote server (Storage Server 2003) that is low on space on c:\. Setup to resize D: smaller and increase C:.

Partway through the Redistribute Partions (about 50+%) i have an error "File system has allocation errors due to cross-linked files. Run OS built-in tools for checking and correcting this kind of errors." (bad grammer is not my part...).

Since there is no mouse/keyboard hooked up, there is no way to click OK. A local user hooked up a monitor to take the picture of the screen I can read, but USB keyboard/mouse don't work. PS2 (last ditch effort) keyboard doesn't work either after hooked up after boot.

What's going to happen when this is powered off? Server is not critical as it is a secondary backup destination, but don't want them to have to ship it out to me to re-load the OS if possible (hopefully they can find the media if so...)

Thanks,
    David

2. knot

knot Registered Member

Usually is file system errors are found, resizing is simply cancelled, so partitions remain intact with the same sizes. If you simple restart the machine now, result should be the same. Then simply run "chkdsk /f" to fix all cross links, and then better do resizing with help of recovery CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.