Powershadow vs DefenseWall

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by WilliamP, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

How do these two compare?

2. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I've never tried DefenseWall but have read a lot of good about it. My only comment is, if you can find the serial number in the long thread, at least for the moment PowerShadow is free. I think that will be changing very soon, if it hasn't already.

3. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I have DW on my computer and one of the things I like about it is, I can turn it on or off at any time. If I am surfing with it turned off then decide I may need the extra protection, I just right click on the task bar icon and turn it on.

4. pwstreet

pwstreet Registered Member

Here's an interesting link with some good info about Defensewall. I'm currently trialing it (beta version) and it seems very nice. Customer support is amazing. I've had to e-mail support twice so far and had responses and resolutions within 24 hrs. I know nothing about Powershadow.
    http://www.techsupportalert.com/security_HIPS.htm

5. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Very interesting read.

6. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: From what I can gather from this forum, both are good apps. doing jobs which are designed to do and have a good number of loyal followers. PS is a freeware(accidently in The West) while DW is a trialware. And moreover, DW is under a constant development while PS has been stuck at v.2.6 since late 2005 despite its Chinese counterpart(still a partner?) has released v.2.82 in Dec.2006. After- sale support and intensive development will gradually drift these two farther apart. Just my loonie sense.

7. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Use both

PC1: Antivir-free, Regdefend-liteware free, CyberHawk-free, GeSWall Pro piad with ad hoc PowerShadow. SOn's PC
    PC2: Antivir--free, SSM-free (registry and process modules active), SensiveGuard-free and DefenseWall paid. Wife's PC

Reason for this is my Son downloads programs to try. When downloaded with GeSWall there are marked untrusted. While surfing he likes the extra protection of PowerShadow. During the single shadow session he downloads to D-drive and uploads the file's for virus checking (some website which has all the AV's). He then reboots. GeSWall's internals on C-drive are cleared to the pre-single shadow state, thus the downloaded file is not marked as untrusted.

DefenseWall: how easy can you be protected with no pop-ups. When I occasionally download a program to try I know which settings to change to be able to download and start and install a program (i have to allow excutable downloads in SensiveGuard, I have to connect to UI in SSM-free, I have to remove this program as untrusted in DefenseWall).

USe DefenseWall for easy protection (the money is worth it), when you know your security issues, use PowerShadow (it is free).

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.