powershadow vs BratPE

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by mack_guy911, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

what i seems about Power Shadow
    its kinda BratPE please make me correct please.........(BratPE run form cd and limited resource while its have more than that).......

2. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

I believe you can only run BartPE systems for an hour continuously before you have to reboot. As well, some applications won't even run under that environment.

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Totally Different Softwares

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FROM POWERSHADOW WEBSITE

PowerShadow is more than instant restoration software. It is a revolutionary preventive approach to computer integrity protection. You can use PowerShadow to virtualize your whole hard drive or C drive only into a disposable session. Computer equipped with this virtualized hard drive is just the same as your original one WITHOUT performance loss. You can do anything you like on this computer, but everything you do is completely isolated from the original hard disk. End this session with a reboot and all modifications on virtualized hard drive will be gone. Your hard disk will return to the very intact status.

FROM WIKIPEDIA

BartPE (Bart's Preinstalled Environment) is a Live CD version of the Microsoft Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 operating systems.

BartPE allows a user to boot Windows XP/Windows Server 2003 from a CD-ROM regardless of the condition of the installed operating systems on the internal hard drive. This means that the user can, for instance, recover data from a failed operating system installation, or reset a lost administrator password.

A user can create his or her own installation of BartPE using the installation disk of the operating system in question and the program PE Builder, programmed by Bart Lagerweij. PE Builder is available on the BartPE homepage

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PowerShadow prevents changes to the system in a virtualization inside windows while BartPE is a Windows BootCD to help fix and\or complete other tasks to a pre-existing Windows Installation. Hope that helps...

dja2k

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

POWER SHADOW MASTER continues to offer excellent prevention and i yet to experience a single failure from it, unlike ShadowUser/Surfer which always fell to problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.