PowerDefragmenter GUI and contig.exe (sysinternals)

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by sweater, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Using the PowerMode option, I found this is really fast and unbelievable in defragmenting my drives. :eek:

I was wondering if I still need to use other defragmenter if I am already using PowerDefrgmenter GUI w/ contig.exe…. :rolleyes:

What really is the difference of using PowerDefragmenter GUI w/ contig.exe compared to Diskeeper Lite or other commercial defragmenters? Do they produced different results or does a different job of defragmenting the drives? Is this more “effective”? o_O :cautious:

Is this really safe…what’s the recommended frequency of using PowerDefragmenter GUI w/ contig.exe? :rolleyes: o_O

Lastly…what really is the difference of using the options PowerMode from other defragmenting options like just Defragmenting Disks? o_O

Attached Files:

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

USA - Back in a real State in time for a real Pres
    I'll tell ya I'm impressed by these two together. Well to answer imo dk or dkl are pos so anythings better. Even VoptXP which I think is trickery. But I tested PowerDefragmenter GUI w/ contig.exe against O&O free. Almost the same & former is much quicker. And O&O is quick to start with.

3. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

Against commercial apps, the biggy for me is lack of background mode and scheduling, both important when you have machines that run 24/7, or you have a laptop that you cannot be sure will be plugged into the mains at the correct time to defrag, in MY case, background defragging is the MAIN feature I require.

But as far as plain manual defraggin goes, stick to free, I dont care for fancy defrag modes (knowing how quickly refragmentation occurs).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.