Powercfg /energy Error

Discussion in 'hardware' started by philby, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philby

philby Registered Member

Hello again

I recently noticed that the fan on my Toshiba U500 10z notebook (Win7 64 bit) has started giving a brief whoosh (like you get when the CPU maxes out) every 30seconds or so when I'm on battery with about > 40% remaining. It doesn't happen when I'm plugged in.

So, I ran an energy report via powercfg /energy:

Capture1.PNG

I got the same error report both on battery and plugged in.

I then flashed the bios as suggested and got the same error report both on battery and plugged in.

This is what's running whenever I'm doing the powercfg routine...

Capture.PNG

The fan is 'normal' when the machine is plugged in, which it nearly always is, so I'm not having any major issues - I'm just curious as to what this problem actually is.....

It may well be that the errors reported have nothing to do with the fan behaviour when on battery: I only ran the powercfg command out of interest as I have seen no odd CPU spikes or odd memory usage, no crashes...nothing.

Google only seems to throw up problems related to hibernate/sleep modes: I have hibernate disabled and have no problems with sleep/wake up.

As ever, thanks in advance for any pointers.

If it's important, I did a clean install of Win7 on this machine from a retail disk, so it's running with only the drivers I need (or think I need...).

philby

2. philby

philby Registered Member

OK, 2 reboots later, the errors have gone!

Now I'm just getting a warning about a massive average CPU utilisation of 3.13% !!

Sorry - I couldn't delete the above post, so replied to close the thread...

philby

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

philby, as requested, thread closed. Thanks!

JR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.