PowerBroker Desktop Free Edition - Elevation Not Working

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by aakash, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aakash

aakash Registered Member

Hello! I am attempting to use PowerBroker Desktop Free Edition, but unfortunately it does not appear to working, i.e. is not accepting any rules I create. I was curious to know whether PowerBroker Desktop Free Edition is supported on Win8.1u1?

I have Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64bit installed on a non-domain home computer. I installed both the SnapIn and Client and rebooted. I see the "PowerBroker Desktop Service" service running. I did not enter a license key, since as I understand it, I do not need to enter one since I would like to use the Free edition (but please correct me if I am wrong).

I added a publisher rule in the Computer configuration area to grant "Add Admin rights to the application" for Sysinternals Process Monitor. However, even after running gpupdate, as well as rebooting, when I start ProcMon, it still prompts for creds/UAC, and doesn't automatically elevate.

Does anyone have any experience with PowerBroker that can help me with this?

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.