‘Power-Line Exploit’ Logs Your Keystrokes Using Outlets, Lasers

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by ComputerSaysNo, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. http://gizmodo.com/5312995/power line-exploit-logs-your-keystrokes-using-outlets-lasers

From 2009, but still relevant today. I'm wondering is that the reason for those pesky power blackouts? I think so :'(

2. happyyarou666

happyyarou666 Registered Member

holy sht !, thats the answer to the next level , hell i should consider building my house into an complete faraday cage , lols , but a very interesting post , ive heard about electric signals leaking into the ground power supply but never thought that "data" would be of any use once received , same going for laptops running on battery , so its either a portable faraday cage , lols , or completely ripping out any whire in your laptop or pc to then shield all of them and reinstall , hmmmm....wonder if theres such a service that does cable shielding for all electrical appliances and media devices

3. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Dayum... that is shady. Almost like your keystrokes giving off a Morse Code type signal that can be picked up.

Yet more examples of why the only truly safe state a computer/network can exist in is unplugged.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.