"Potentially unwanted" and appropriate action

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by cerBer, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cerBer

cerBer Registered Member

There is a setting in Amon to detect "Potentially unwanted applications" and "Potentially unsafe applications".
    This automatically assumes that said applications also could be "Wanted" and also "Safe".

If I select the above scan option, I naturally want to be warned in case application is unwanted or unsafe according to Eset; and of course, in case it is safe or wanted to my understanding, I simply want to continue my work.

Unfortunately, there is no such option in NOD32 (or, I simply cannot find it). Warning window keeps popping up, till the application is excluded from scanning.
    But - I do not want to browse through folders to exclude, simply want to ignore the warning and continue work(but I want the warning - every time I access this kind of files!).

There is nothing to submit for analysis, as there are no false positives. NOD32 detects properly - applications are really potentially unsafe - like program for Windows half opened network connection limit adjustment, or application for adjusting USB scan rate, or application to attempt remote computer restart in case they hang or malfunction.

Simply, the appropriate action for "potentially..." seems to be missing.

Thanks.

2. Piecan

Piecan Registered Member

Can someone tell me are we supposed to select the protect against "potentially unwanted application" option? I didn't know what to do when I upgraded mine. Will it cause more problems querying programs that I may not know if are unwanted or not? Thanks.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I would, and will when the component push comes through in a few weeks time, and no, you are unlikely to see problems associated with it, more likely to prevent something unwanted from jumping aboard and giving you grief.

Cheers :D

4. Piecan

Piecan Registered Member

Thanks BS I've now gone through and ticked that box on everything I can find. :D

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are welcome.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.