Potentially Strong Win for Privacy in the UK. Everyone keep your fingers crossed.

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by SteveTX, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Nick Clegg is a Liberal Democrat and the new Deputy Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. Let us all see how much of these reforms can get implemented and what promises will be kept. This could be a bright day of a turning tide, making the whole world a safer place. It will depend on how much power can be leveraged by the recently formed office title.

Full story here: The Independent UK

2. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Well, good luck. That said, I don't trust any promises made by any politician any more. :doubt:

3. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

+1.........They make fine promises when they want your vote and in the early days of administration, only "one in a million" is trustworthy and truthful. As I think it was Oscar Wilde once said "No matter who you vote for, the government always gets in"......They're all the same. We'll see.

4. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Early days yet, what they say now and what they do later are two different things :cautious: .

5. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

LibDem's have been very consistent in their opposition to the Big Brother state in the UK. Clegg and Cameron agreed on a list of concessions by Cameron for Clegg to allow the coalition government. It also came with Clegg having the DPM title as well as a portfolio of issues that he will personally work on. This issue is one of those. He's not backing down on that - no way.

6. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I hope so, and that it's not just a publicity stunt. I'm behind him all the way.

7. culla

culla Registered Member

:D :D lmao

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.