Potential Customer Queries

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Albert_Down_Under, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albert_Down_Under

Albert_Down_Under Registered Member

I'm just about to make the decision to purchase Acronis True Image for my home office, and have been reading various posts here as well as the product features elsewhere.

There seems to be much conflicting information and user experience from the products, therefore would appreciate if someone from Acronis (or some expert user) can shed some light below on my requirements and the product capabilities.
    • Require to create image of a desktop as well as a laptop (networked) - do I need to purchase 2 separate licenses or can I use 1 copy on the desktop and create image of the laptop over the LAN?
    • Can I burn the image directly to DVD (Pioneer A06)? What about CD-RW (MSI)?
    • Can I create bootable images on DVD/CD? Bootable/recovery dIskette? What about external USB/Firewire Storage devices? What about images on network drives on NAS?
    • Does TI create images of network drives across the LAN?
      Does TI need to be installed to create/restore an image or would it work off the CD?
    • Does TI work on a SMP machine (dual CPU) on Windows XP Pro?
    • Does TI recognise SATA hard disks? USB HDs? Firewire HDs?
    • Will TI be compatible with XP SP2 in the near future?
    • Is Product Activation required for TI? (one machine in the near future will be used for testing and will be rebuilt quite regularly).

Regards

-Albert_down_Under
    Melbourne, Australia

2. bobat

bobat Registered Member

The answer to *all* of your questions *except* the last one is "Yes."

However, you may or may not have complete success in actually implementing these features - many of us have problems with even the basic features.

YMMV

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.