Post Restore Problem (new hard drive size not recognized properly)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zorro1234, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zorro1234

zorro1234 Registered Member

I am trying Acronis True Image 10.0 and created DVDs for restore. I changed my 160 GB hard drive to a 300 GB hard drive and did a restore (very SSSSLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWWWW ! !). After the restore, I booted up OK and the system runs fine. The system only reports that the new drive is 160 GB instead of 300 GB. I guess that the restore loses the fact the the drive is 300 GB. Do I now need to purchase Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 and change the partition's size?? Or, is there another easier (& less expensive) way to get the whole hard drive recognized by Windows XP? Thanks for any help out there!!

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

There is an easy way to bring the unallocated space into use. It is also fast. In fact it can be done in less time than it takes me to type this! ( I am a bit slow!) You do not have to buy anything or shuffle DVDs.

Open True Image and create a secure zone. In the wizard use the whole of the unallocated space. Once it is created delete it using the manage secure zone wizard. you will be given the choice where you want the released space to be allocated. Complete the wizard and the job is done.

Xpilot

3. zorro1234

zorro1234 Registered Member

Thank you for your response. It seems too easy to be true. I will try that next time --- I finally overcame the problem by using the Dynamic Drive Overlay (DDO) found in the Utilities in DiscWizard Starter Edition floppies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.