POST requests from foreign hosts are not allowed.

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Primrose, Jan 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Got that message when logging in the forum just now..when using the IE auto complete feature..

But then had no problems when I just manually typed in the Nickname and password..

Is that possibly a change on Wilders side..or a glitch on mine ?

Not a big deal for me in either case.

Thanks

2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

I think its a bug in the auto complete feature of IE. I've never had any problems logging in to this forum.

3. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  4. Budman

Budman Registered Member

I get that error trying to login with Firefox 1.0 I just ran all updtaes for Win2K SP4 and now have IE6. IE6 lets me log in o_O How can I get Firefox to work? I have this same problem with other forums running this vBulletin software.

Thanks,
    Buddy

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

This can be generated under some conditions when blocking referrers during the login process, though there are also conditions where that doesn't make a difference. You can test with Firefox as it is currently configured on your system since you see the error. Make a clean login attempt (from the logged out state, forum cookie cleared) with referrers blocked if they are now. It should fail again. Start over and this time allow referrers and try logging in again.

6. Budman

Budman Registered Member

Outpost was set to block referrers. This seems to affect Firefox but not IE. Thanks.

Buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.