Possibly hacked?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Comp01, Nov 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Ok, I was doing nromal things, (Browsing the web, chatting on IRC, had trillian up, etc etc) I got a blue screen error, which closed my firewall, I quickly disconnected, restarted my computer, and thinking it may have been a trojan or something similar, I scanned my PC over this TDS3, adaware, spybot, and AVG6.0, didnt find anything, I go back on, to find that one of my AIM names (despite it having a weak password, because I dont use it often) had been annoying about 3 or 4 people, now only about 3 people know of the name, I am wondering if someone just randomly decided to try the screenname, and crack the password, or if someone got through Sygate? or what? My firewall was down for about 45 seconds before I disconnected, I dont know i I should change my ISP's password, and all my passwords or what now, kinda creepy, really, :-/

2. Manythanks

Manythanks Guest

Hi Comp01

Maybe you should ask the question at the Sygate forum, I think I read it over there that some people had a problem with latest version SPF shutting down and causing probs that you have.

Thanks.

3. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Yeah, it seems SygatePF5.5 isnt as stable as 5.0 was :doubt:

4. manythanks

manythanks Guest

If SPF is turning itself of try something else until the probs are fixed, why not try etrust ez-armour, free for a limited time, contains ZA Pro and anti virus as well as privacy controlls, I installed it last week and seems fine and also it's free for a limited time usual price $50.

Thanks.

www.ca.com
    or
    www.my-etrust.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.