Possible Trojan Infection !

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Piston Broke, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piston Broke

Piston Broke Registered Member

i have a freind who says she was given a link on Msn Messenger & when she clicked on it a .exe download started which she clicked on :mad:
    And now she thinks it's a trojan for aquiring bank details Etc is their any way i can check what it is ?

I have scanned it with mcafee 7.1.0 enterprise but it didn't detect anything but for obvious reason i won't run the executable to see if it is detected is their any options i can use to see what type of Trojan this is ??

When she comes back online i could get the link so someone more experianced could look at it if they wanted

Is their a Freeware i can nuse to scan her PC for for trojens too Or if their a re lots which ones are the Best

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Try the ones in my signature. Kaspersky would be best for trojans, but i would try at least two. :)

P.s. Just delete the exe in question btw.

P.s. #2. If this persist, then may want to take a look at the General virus and trojan cleaning.

3. Piston Broke

thanks for your reply DP i am running bit defender & Kaspersky on her machine as we speak so 'i'll let you know the outcome

also is their any decent freeware Trojan Scanners/Cleaners out their & would running tds3 find/clean any trojans

I am interested if anyone would want the link to it. To see if the they can tell which trojan it is as i now have the link ??

I would be interested for my own purposes maybe i'll set up a dummy machine & infect that ?

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Ewido and A2 both have free versions, Ewido has the advantage of being a full program with guard and all options, it will automaticly revert to the free version after 14 days. Both have a large database. :)

5. Piston Broke

Cool thanks Dp i'll try that Ewido

Also it would seem the link to the Trojan has gone now & i didn't save a copy so no one will be able to play with it :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.