Possible Trojan Infection !

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Piston Broke, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piston Broke

Piston Broke Registered Member

i have a freind who says she was given a link on Msn Messenger & when she clicked on it a .exe download started which she clicked on :mad:
    And now she thinks it's a trojan for aquiring bank details Etc is their any way i can check what it is ?

I have scanned it with mcafee 7.1.0 enterprise but it didn't detect anything but for obvious reason i won't run the executable to see if it is detected is their any options i can use to see what type of Trojan this is ??

When she comes back online i could get the link so someone more experianced could look at it if they wanted

Is their a Freeware i can nuse to scan her PC for for trojens too Or if their a re lots which ones are the Best

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Try the ones in my signature. Kaspersky would be best for trojans, but i would try at least two. :)

P.s. Just delete the exe in question btw.

P.s. #2. If this persist, then may want to take a look at the General virus and trojan cleaning.

3. Piston Broke

thanks for your reply DP i am running bit defender & Kaspersky on her machine as we speak so 'i'll let you know the outcome

also is their any decent freeware Trojan Scanners/Cleaners out their & would running tds3 find/clean any trojans

I am interested if anyone would want the link to it. To see if the they can tell which trojan it is as i now have the link ??

I would be interested for my own purposes maybe i'll set up a dummy machine & infect that ?

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Ewido and A2 both have free versions, Ewido has the advantage of being a full program with guard and all options, it will automaticly revert to the free version after 14 days. Both have a large database. :)

5. Piston Broke

Cool thanks Dp i'll try that Ewido

Also it would seem the link to the Trojan has gone now & i didn't save a copy so no one will be able to play with it :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.