Possible to convert vmdk file back to a tib file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by michealobrien, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michealobrien

michealobrien Registered Member

I am hoping to be able to roundtrip my disk images from .tib to .vmdk files, update via vmware server and then convert back to a tib file.

I understand acronis TI echo workstation doesn't let you convert from vmdk to tib but i was hoping forum members would know a workaround either by using another acronis package or something else

2. michealobrien

I did some more research and it might possible if i use the universal restore addin to create a .tib file of a virtual machine and restore that tib file to a physical machine to complete the update circle. Can someone confirm if thats correct assumption

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello michealobrien,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that instead of converting of the .vmdk file to .tib, you can just create an image again, with the same result.

It is correct that you can use Acronis Universal Restore to restore an image taken from virtual machine to a physical machine, provided that the operating system is supported. You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis Universal Restore in the User's Guide of the respective version of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. michealobrien

Thanks for getting back to me, I wasn't sure if it was possible when i first started researching true echo workstation but am glad to find out that it can be done.

It should speed up updating and deployment or machines as well as free up equipment

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.