Possible driver conflict with Ewido 3.5 causing shutdowns

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Rilla927, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Hi!

I installed Ewido on my laptop: Hewlett Packard Pavillion Notebook ZD7160US, 3.0 CPU with a 80 gig HD, XP Home Edition SP2.

I just installed a fresh copy of windows and when I was doing windows updates I got the BSOD saying it was due to a driver conflict, but I don't know exactly which one.

I was doing the Hardware updates and Realtek & Broadcom was first in the list when it BSOD, but I don't know if it is the culprit.

Then later I ran Ewido for the first time and it gave me a black screen right at the end when almost finished. I just tried again in safe mode and it gave a black screen and shut down at 40%.

I don't feel very safe with not being able to run Ewido due to this problem.

I had this same problem months back on my desktop so I uninstalled it and recently I trialed it again (on my desktop) and it went smoothly so I purchased it about a month ago.

If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Rilla927

Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  2. Rilla927

I guess there is no known driver conflicts with Ewido!

3. Rilla927

Cmon, no response at all!

4. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

Please download and install also an Anti-Virus scanner like Bitdefender, AntiVir or Kaspersky and scan your system.

5. Rilla927

I already have ZASS, Online Armor,BOClean, Ewido, Adaware SE Pro.

6. karl.ewido

karl.ewido former ewido team

If you uninstall the ewido software on our laptop with the uninstall.exe in the installation folder of the ewido software and restart Windows, do you still have the driver problems? Maybe the reason for these problems is not the ewido software.

7. Rilla927

I was just trying to troubleshoot, that's why I asked if there were any known driver conflicts (incompatibilities) with Ewido.

All I know is when ever Ewido is run it can never finish the scanning process because it "Black Screens" and shuts down.

I had the same thing happen on my desktop a few months ago. So I uninstalled the program on the desktop and no problems. But I can only relate it to Ewido at the moment.

Recently I tried Ewido again on my desktop and it didn't "Black Screen". I then preceded to install Ewido on the laptop and it is doing what it had previously done on my desktop, "Black Screen".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.