Possible conflict with Bitcomet?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by EoE, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EoE

EoE Registered Member

Hi

I'm currently testdriving the trial version of ESET Smart Security for Vista 64 bit.

It works perfectly except for one thing: I can run Bitcomet, but when I do it hogs all available bandwidth. It happens even though I limit the max. up and download to 10, 20 or whatever percentage. Weirder still, even after I quit Bitcomet I have to restart my computer in order to use my bandwidth for email or internet.

A tiny fraction does get allocated to my browser, but we are talking a miniscule amount and it does not change, when I change the Bitcomet settings.

So what makes me think it's an issue with ESET Smart Security? Well, simple really. My system worked perfectly before. The only change is that I exchanged my previous McAfee protection with ESET.

I much prefer ESET, and I would like to buy it eventually when my trial period expires, but only if I can get it to work with Bitcomet. So any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

EoE

2. EoE

EoE Registered Member

Ah, **** it, I uninstalled and tried the trial version of Kaspersky Internet Security instead. It works just like intended, so that's my next protection system.

thnx/EoE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.