Possible conflict between SafeOnline and PC Tools Browser Defender

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by m00nbl00d, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Recently, I've installed SafeOnline in two systems of two family members. Everything's great.

Yesterday, I installed along side Browser Defender, but both report problems regarding Internet Explorer 8, saying a SysFader error occured. They haven't taken note, and for meanwhile disabled BrowserDefender.

Could you guys try to reproduce it? Latest version is available at www.browserdefender.com for IE.

Thank you

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you try lowering SafeOnline to Medium protection? From what I saw from another user, this fixed it :)

Let me know your results!

3. m00nbl00d

I'll try that when I can. I'll tell you what happens. Meanwhile, wouldn't it be possible to solve this issue without having to reduce SafeOnline protection level?

4. PrevxHelp

Browser Defender and SafeOnline are somewhat incompatible conceptually because they both try to protect the browser in similar ways. We have tried to make some changes to support some of them, but they are all a bit combative :)

5. m00nbl00d

I understand. I'll decide the best approach to take, then.

Thank you

6. m00nbl00d

I just thought of asking it. I searched, but couldn't find it.

Since Browser Defender and Norton Safe Web display same results, I'm leaning towards installing in my family members systems NSW replacing BD, and that way not reducing SO security settings.

Are you familiar with any conflicts between NSW and SO? I don't have any VM available to test, right now. I need to clean some VM just have NSW and SO. If you could tell me if they run fine together, you'd be saving me time testing. :D

Thank you

7. pegas

pegas Registered Member

You don't need to worry. I am using NIS2011 (NSW included) with Prevx without any issues. No need to adjust NIS nor Prevx, they are fine together. I only recommend to set in SafeOnline settings the configuration for HTTP site to "high" but it has nothing to do with NIS, it is just a precaution to avoid problems on some websites.

8. PrevxHelp

Thanks for the insight, pegas :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.