Possible Bug : ERAC 3.1.11

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by bio, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bio

bio Registered Member

Inside policy manager.
    When editing a policy in ESS - Personal Firewall - Setup - Rule Setup.
    When adding iexplore.exe to the internet browsers tab and leaving it unticked it will not be properly saved to the policy.
    When you edit the XML file it works fine.

bio...

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I for one don't see any sense in saving an application in the browser list that is not set either excluded from scanning (marked with a red cross) or selected as a browser (marked with a blue tick).

3. bio

bio Registered Member

regarding help :

Because of the enormous amount of malicious code circulating the Internet, safe Internet browsing is a very important aspect of computer protection. Web browser vulnerabilities and fraudulent links help malicious code enter the system unnoticed which is why ESET Smart Security focuses on web browser security. Each application accessing the network can be marked as an Internet browser. The checkbox is tri-state:

Unticked - communication of applications is filtered only for specified ports (thus port 80-8080-3128 by default)
    Ticked - communication is always filtered (even if a different port is set)
    Marked with cross - communication of applications marked with cross is not filtered at all

--------------------------------

there is a dutch site called www.teleblik.nl that is used by every school in the netherlands.. the site includes media that is viewed during lesson.
    On the background the media streams run on RTMP://145.97.38.12:1935.
    I don't want nod to check that traffic since it does not work. If i untick iexplore.exe the traffic will be checked on 80-8080-3128 but not for 1935.
    I cannot add the ip to the trusted site list since there is no domainname available for that site.

hope you understand now

bio..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.