Ports that should be closed...

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by nikheff, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikheff

nikheff Registered Member

Group:

Is there a website, or someone with definitive information from this forum (or a thread), that has information on what ports, exactly, should be closed and inaccessible? I use Zone Alarm Pro and have closed quite a few, but I want to know if there's any I'm missing.

Thanks for info, in advance.

Nikki

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi nikheff,

Zone Alarm does not require you to tell it what ports to close. Instead, it takes the approach of blocking all unsolicited (inbound access attempts) or unapproved (outbound accesses via program permissions) accesses by default. Basically, everything you have not approved is blocked when you have the security in the Firewall and Program Control panels set to High.

Going beyond that and setting specific port blocks is redundant to the way ZA functions. Sure you can add block rules, but they aren't needed. Perhaps if you explain more about what else you're thinking, we can provide more information about custom configurations in ZA Pro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.