PortableApps.com hacked?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HAN, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

They show it as "infected" because there was an unsuccessful attack, which probably left something behind. No biggie. Just come back to the site tomorrow and if you're worried don't visit it.

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Well, if there's anything to learn from this event, is that there's no such thing as common sense applied to browsing. Not in this day and age anyway.

But, aren't you all happy that Google actually was on top of it? If it had been something more serious, Google was covering your back. :D

4. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

A shocking statement coming from you :D :D How do you know your spidey senses wouldn't have triggered an alert if it was infected, with whatever crap, and you ventured into it?

5. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Do you have proof its a false positive? Provide the proof, OR are you making ASSUMPTIONS? Answer truthfully.

Unless you provide PROOF, I will step cautiously and take the warnings seriously.

6. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I was generally speaking. Do note, generally speaking. :D

7. guest

guest Guest

I don't care if you will take the warning seriously or not, just stop reporting this again and again, you already reported one, two times and the PA admin already explained everything.

As for "proof", you are the one that needs to show an infected file from PA. Pretty much everyone else is taking this for what it is, a false positive originated from an unsuccessful attempt of hacking.

Edited: BTW, here is a "proof" that the site is clean (Thanks JRViejo!): http://vscan.novirusthanks.org/analysis/9abfe66f166955a6f939b1441d651b11/aW5kZXg=/

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2012
  8. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Of course, you were being facetious again :D

9. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Your reasoning is flawed!!! According to you, if an AntiVirus program claims a file is infected, you reason that people should still download it and install it and use it until a time the AV company provides PROOF that it's not really a threat lol.

And that link you gave doesn't contain proof! Try again!

10. guest

guest Guest

I never "reasoned" like that and I never said that. :rolleyes: Suggestion: read my posts again.

What would be a "proof" to you?

11. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

It's very simple. You can trust that the site isn't infected (it was scanned with novirusthanks or whatever) and that what the owners say is true OR you can not trust that and wait for this to be resolved.

Either way I'd recommend avoiding the site for the next 24 hours and by then it'll likely be resolved and you'll be "extra safe."

12. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

You could be right but I disagree.

13. J_L

J_L Registered Member

@TheMozart: Ignorance has its limits before becoming complete nonsense you know.

Anyhow, I'll be waiting for the issue to be resolved.

14. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.