Portable keylogger detector (can be run from a USB Drive)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by freakish, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freakish

freakish Registered Member

Can anyone recommend a good Keylogger detector that can be run from a USB drive? I just want to have a handy keylogger detector when using school and other people's computers.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there,
    Look here:
    in the forum where the KL-detector is mentioned as pretty good and free and here is the
    site where you can download the little thing. It can be run from USB, so exactly what you need i think.
    It doesn't detect hardware installed keyloggers though.

The opposite is known too, the remote controlled USB keylogger. Most school computers and other public computers these days have keyloggers installed on them, as well many parents install them.
    So be prepared to work on a keylogger controlled system unless your check proofs different.
    With commercial keyloggers / spyware the problem is they don't allow Ad-Aware and the kind of programs to detect them anymore. So that KL-detection could be a little extra help.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  3. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Use a LiveCD. Software keyloggers are useless against it.

4. freakish

freakish Registered Member

I will try those programs. I have also found this: AKLog

Does anyone have experience on the effectiveness of this program?

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Running linux from a flashdrive is the most convenient way imo. The only problem you may run into is a computer which can't boot off a flashdrive.

Another option is using something like neo's safekeys which lets you enter private data without having to press any key rendering all keyloggers useless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.