Portable Applications??

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chinook9, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

I have recently become enamored by portable applications for use on my Win 7 Professional machine.

I like the idea of being able to use an application without installing it, therefore not crapping up my machine should I decide to delete it.

However, logic tells me that if an application can be made to run as portable then it is not a complex installation and a full Windows XP install should be easily uninstalled with ZSoft Uninstaller, which I use.

Am I right?

Edit: I modified it to clarify the question.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  2. culla

culla Registered Member

you don't need an uninstaller for portable programs you just delete them :cool:

3. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

In other words: In a truly portable application, there is no "installation" to "uninstall."

4. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

I don't really get your Q but?
    Ceedo Isolates apps on its platform from the host OS without leaving junk behind in the registry tmp ect.
    You cant run XP as a Portable app, but you can run it as a Virtual OS by using
    Virtual Box or VMPlayer ect, which isolates it and the apps you use in it from the Host OS.

The new PortableApps.com Platform 2.0 Beta 5 which runs perfect has an easy uninstall button which deletes the app folder with a couple clicks, or you can just delete the portable application folder of the app you wish to uninstall like the others said, not all portable apps are stealth, just because its portable doesn't mean it wont leave behind all kinds of traces/junk in the registry tmp ect

2010-10-16_170251.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.