port8080

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by scotte, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scotte

scotte Registered Member

Hi, I've been having problems updating my anti virus and all other programs that use ports to update. I recently quarintined mediket and downloader trojans.Can someone tell me how to correct this problem. :(

Thanks Scotte

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi scotte, and welcome to the forum.
    So people can help you further, can you supply us with more information with regards to what anti-virus you are using; the other programs you are referring to with problems updating, along with what firewall you are using and also your operating system.

You can read through the General Cleaning Instructions thread and try the cleaning steps there to ensure there isn't something else lurking on your system.

Regards,

snap

3. scotte

scotte Registered Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the welcome snap! I am using AVG 7.0. I was using norton but downloaded AVG when a norton scan said I had a download trojan but would not delete it. When I ran a AVG scan it found download mediket and download small it quarintined both. All programs won't update norton,avg,windows,ares won't connect,ad ware,ewindo security suite, spyware,spybot, also I am running a firewall thru AVG resident shield. My operating system is windows xp. Many thanks for your help as I'm not very knowledgable about this.
    Scotte

4. scotte

scotte Registered Member

I was able to delete the trojan in safe mode but still can't update. Does anyone know how to check my internet connections.

5. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi scotte,

I am afraid I am not that familiar with NAV and AVG resident shield, but can you check with both those apps and see if there is anything in them that are possibly blocking updates, or look again at your firewall settings and see if something is being blocked there?

I do know that running two anti-virus programs at the same time can cause conflicts, so first I would ask you to check all their settings to see if something is being denied through one of them.

snap

6. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Does AVG include a firewall or are you running a separate firewall?
    How does port 8080 figure into the problems you are having?
    You may want to check your hosts file to see if it has been changed.

Regards,

CrazyM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.