Port scanners question..

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Comp01, Oct 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

Ok, I was looking around, and on the "Web based proxies" (or whatever) topic, I was checking out the post, saying to goto google, and blah blah blah, and www.ipchicken.com I went there through google, said I had open ports, when there normally, and said I had open ports, not wanting to trust there scanner, I went to ShieldsUp, and done a test, and passed, I done it again, and failed (The ports were blocked, but not stealth) done it again, passed, I went yo Symantec.com's test, and passed, now, I am wondering how good SecuritySpace's tests are (http://www.securityspace.com/smysecure/daudit_ports.html) anyone tried it? and any other port scanners I can test and see how "stealthed" I am? As always, I am running Sygate 5.0 free, still :p

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Hi Comp01.

You're running Sygate?
    Search there website if you haven't used their port scanner.It's not a fast port scan though!

Here's another site that I use for firewall testing,

http://www.auditmypc.com

Edit: fixed url tags CrazyM

3. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

IPChicken works on scare tactics, and saying your vulnerable is BS.

The fact is you have to open a port to allow that page to be downloaded, but a secure configuration wouldn't allow any other communications with that port.

So don't believe what the bird says, they are best killed, breaded, and fried :cool:

4. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

I See, thanks for the info :p I tested at Sygates site, and AuditMyPC, I passed All of Sygates tests, passed Every port scan on AuditMyPC... :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.