Port Explorer w2003 problem

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by KillerAce, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KillerAce

KillerAce Guest

I installed PE version 2.0, but it gave me ntdll.dll errors. Have uninstalled it but, application errors remain.
    Can u give me a list of files that PE changes ? So i can reverse the changes ?
    Right now im having serious problems with apps that require a connection with the internet.
    Plz respond quickly.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there,
    this sounds horrible.
    You say various ntdll.dll errors? The original in windows\system32 , and in more locations?
    I'm really in the dark here.
    If you installed default in the registry could be a diamond Computer systems key with Port Explorer items.
    Was the dcsws2.dll unregistered before uninstalling?
    You should get a popup asking permission for that before uninstall goes on.

Did you have all other scanners and protection disabled before installing Port Explorer and at uninstalling again?
    Did you reboot after the install and uninstall? This is required.
    Port Explorer goes really deep into the system so it might want to be installed even before some firewalls, as explained on the site.
    You don't have a mcafee firewall on that system do you? Not that it wouldn't work but nobody found out the proper settings in that firewall to work fine together.
    Can think of a LSPfix.
    Might work to re-install Port Explorer to get some things fixed ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.