Port Explorer Question

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by worldcitizen, Oct 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

Since I've used the new version of PE I've noticed twice 2 strange happenings.

I could see my connection was active and brought up the properties and it was definitely downloading something so I opened PE but it didn't show any ports downloading anything or any active portso_O

There was nothing in the 'established' section so I just don't know what was downloading and would like to know but PE didn't detect any active connections. This has happened twice now. Does PE have to be running before a port is active to detect it or is this a bug in the latest version??

Would appreciate any comments very much.

Dave

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Worldcitizen, Port Explorer needs to be running as far as I am aware.
    Although it should catch it after a short period of time, again I am not certain about that.
    I have just loaded PE with cryptoSuite open and running and PE caught all four connections within a few seconds.

HTH Pilli

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Think the dll is running in the background all time, but displaying activity in the log and socket spy might only happen after activating the GUI?
    As a registeerd PE user you could get sloader from the PE download site and see if you can catch what is being downloaded or active before windows itself is started.

4. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

Thanks for that Jooseke & Pilli. I got sloader and will give it a go next time it happens. It's really hard to tell what happened because my firewall never alerted me either.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.