Port Explorer or Wormguard

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by maggie123, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maggie123

maggie123 Guest

If you could only have one of these programs Port Explorer or wormguard. Which one would you get? Why?

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi maggie123, Hard one :) Personally I would pick Port Explorer.
    Why?
    Because it gives me excellent control of what enters and leaves my PC's ie. Trojanic behaviour. I also practice Safe Hex as part of my surfing habits, using Avant Browser for trusted sites and Firefox for all other sites.
    Not to mention that I already use ProcessGuard and RegDefend + KAV with extended bases on One PC and NOD32 on the other.

Not really a Port Explorer / WormGuard support question so I have moved this thread to a more appropriate forum :)

Pilli

3. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi maggie,

It depends upon what you are already running on your system (maybe you can list your primary security apps), what types of controls you are using to stop scripts (e.g. do you already have products like ScriptSentry, FireFox NoScript), and whether you are interesting in putting some time into learning about the information that Port Explorer provides. I use Port Explorer all the time to look at what communications is going on my system, but it does take some time to understand how to read the information windows that are being presented.

Hope this helps a bit,
    Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.