Port Explorer and McAffe Firewall?

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by brucegeulam, Mar 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Martino and welcome to the forum!

There are configuration problems with the mcAfee firewall, as is described on the Port Explorer forum. As mcafee is not willing to help in this --i can assure you it has been tried countless times to no avail-- we all are dependent to mcafee customer support to help one of their mcafee firewall customers out with the configuration.
    Most people went for another firewall, even free versions, have better protection and better support and not any problem with Port Explorer.

I'm really sorry to read about your problems.
    If mcaffee support is willing to help you hundreds of people will be really very interested to read your posting about it.
    It must really be just a configuration thing in the mcafee firewall but till now nobody posted about the solution.

2. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

As I have said before Martino, I emailed MCAfee about their firewall having problems, and even pointed out a few areas for them to look at. I have received no response, and I am pretty sure their firewall still does not work with Port Explorer, as it also doesn't work with many other software.

There is no feature in MCAfee firewall that makes it better than any other firewall, and when you combine it's stability, compatability and support problems it is easy to see there are many better (and free if need be) firewalls out there you can use instead.

3. Martino

Martino Registered Member

Alrighty Version 2.0!!!

Let the fun begin with Mcafee Firewall.... Maybe if this version will work with Mcafee I will be able to USE the program after a year and half....

Keeping my fingers crossed......

Maybe the problem is with Mcafee....but, odd, I never have problems ANYWHERE else......

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Martino, Please let us know how you get on.

The problem with their firewall is the implimentation of LSP they used or are using, it causes problems with some other LSP using programs.

Look at GKweb's site for some good information about firewalls ;)
    http://www.firewallleaktester.com/

Cheers. :) Pilli

5. meljean4

meljean4 Guest

I also had a problem with their fire wall so swictched to norton . then they charged my credit card with renewall without my knowing about it and I found out they have 30 days to remove it. if they don't I will file a class action law suit because I know they have pulled this on others.meljean4@wmconnect.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.