Port 135

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Hyperion, Nov 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyperion

Hyperion Registered Member

Hello.I would like your advice on this.I m running ZAF,and appear stealthed in all secutiry online tests (GRC,PC Flank,Sygate ecc).

Today i installed a programmed called "Local Port Scanner" ver 1.22.

It is supposed to scan the local IP (127.0.0.1).In the Trojan Test,it says my port 135 is open.All the rest are closed.

Is it dangerous?Is there a way to close it?I m runnning ZAF (with blocked everywhere spoolsv.exe) and Windows XP Home.

Are there any Win XP services i could disable to make the port close or what?I have already disabled some services included Helper NetBios over TCP/IP.

Thank you

2. Guestxp2000

Guestxp2000 Guest

No you are okay. You need someone will "outside" to port scan you (a trusted friend maybe) to get accurate results.

3. Hyperion

Thanks,i feel better now! :D

On line scans are all ok.But i ll have a friend scan my PC too.

4. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

Windows Messenger service is listening on port 135 UDP, so you might want to disable that service, however if you have blocked 135 UDP/TCP in ZA, you are fine.
    Dolf

5. Hyperion

I have almost every Win XP service i don't need disabled,including Messenger and UNP'n'P (uses port 5000 i think?).Yes from outside scans the port results stealthed.

Also,i have ALL programmes in ZAF denied server rights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.