port 135 epmap port 1025 lsaa

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by John Mc, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Mc

John Mc Registered Member

I have been trying to secure my network connection. I have followed some advice and now have port 135 epmap bound to the loopback adapter (127.0.0.1). lsaa port 1025 is aslo bound to the loopback adapter. I just wonder if this is correct.

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi John Mc,
    Could you first please let me know as to where you where given this advice. Could you then tell me which firewall you have installed. TIA

Port 135 is bound (on default) to DCOM RPC, an easier approach to block this is to use WWDC

I am not 100% on
    Are you referring to lsass?

3. John Mc

John Mc Registered Member

I'm using filseclab. I was following advice from a few different IT sites that after you disable netbios to bind rpc to loopback using microsoft's rpccfg.exe. My (limited} understanding is that it basically disables rpc from listening on port 135. I was totally unaware of the program WWDC and was trying to do this manually.. My mistake lsass. As far as lsass, I was just curious because it also seems to be conected to 127.0.0.1 on port 1025. Lastly thanks for your help on this and a question I Had a few days ago about Filseclab and Shareaza.

4. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

lsass, this I personally disable within services, [IPSEC services], untill I find a reason not to, it will stay disabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.