Popup -- Webquestinc.com

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Grande400, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grande400

Grande400 Registered Member

Hello,

I get a pop-up from webquestinc.com Every few minutes it requires me to log in. I have run all known spyware apps and none of them detect it. I have run Hijackthis and have had the log analyzed and nothing was found. I have checked the Hosts file. I have looked in my startup items in MSConfig and Goggled all items. I have looked through my IE Add-ons and Goggled all of those as well. I've searched my Registry for any thing related to Webquestinc and have not found anything. I have been able to minimize the frequency by reinitializing my TCP/IP settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

edited to disable link - Detox

2. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

3. Grande400

Grande400 Registered Member

Thanks for the tips. However, I don't use a proxy. Additionally, I tried the fix about disabling auto detect settings. It may have worked for those people last year, but it's not working anymore. Sometimes I get a second popup with the label "Conduit.swf" in the title bar. It too wants me to log into webquestinc.com. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks

4. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.