Popup saying "NOD32 Kernel Service has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Kenr, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenr

Kenr Registered Member

In the last few days I've suddenly been getting a popup that says "NOD32 Kernel Service has encountered a problem and needs to close." When I close the popup, nothing happens and NOD32 appears to keep running. Anyone know what this is all about? I have version 2.7, running under Windows XP SP·.

Ken

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Kenr,

Can you please check to see if ekrn.exe is still running in your system processes under task manager?

Thank you,
    Richard

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you're not using Windows 95/98/ME/NT, I'd strongly suggest upgrading to v. 4.0.467.

4. Kenr

Kenr Registered Member

Thanks to Rmuffler and Marcos for your replies. Here are my responses:

1. There is no ekrn.exe process running according to Task Manager, but there are two other processes running called nod32krn.exe and nod32kui.exe.

2. When I first bought NOD32 some people were advising to stick to version 2.7, especially if you have ZoneAlarm Pro firewall (which I do). Perhaps it's now safe to use the latest NOD32 version. Any advice on that?

Ken

5. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Kenr,

Thank you for the message. I would try giving the upgrade to the latest build of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.0 a go. We are here if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Richard

6. Kenr

Kenr Registered Member

OK, I download version 4 and see what happens. Thanks again.

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.