popup on exec protection

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by hojtsy, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hojtsy

hojtsy Registered Member

How do I configure TDS-3 registered version to display a pop-up notification when exec protection blocks an execution of a file?

Sorry if this was already covered somewhere.

-hojtsy-

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, hojtsy

There is no need to configure execution protection as long as you have installed it. If it see a suspicious exec it will popup automatically.

Hope this is what you meant.
    TheQuest :cool:

3. rodsoto

rodsoto Registered Member

Do you mean like a separate popup window like other AV display when a virus is scanned? I thought this would be a good idea too, but you can't set TDS-3 to do this, just manually checking TDS-3 every now and then to see if trojans have been executed is the only way to check at this point in time, perhaps a feature for TDS-4?

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi nice to see you here too Rod!

The other day i have seen exec protection stopped a file:
    it was displayed in the main console and in the bottom console what it was about.
    Also if you check then the task manager you will see exec protection there.

I remember long ago to have seen a popup warning for an unknown (by then) part of my internet watch program, not sure which program alerted that way, maybe TDS, anyway, now i remember only the line in the console with the bottom console description.
    I recognise the image in the screenshot in the Helpfile under the "16 ways to smell a rat!" So maybe that popup can be added to exec protection too.

5. hojtsy

hojtsy Registered Member

Not for me. I have exec prot installed. When I execute testworm.exe, nothing is displayed, TDS remains as a tray icon. Only when I manually open the tds window can I see that it blocked a trojan.
    -hojtsy-

6. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

Same here, no pop up when Exec protection kicks in.

I have to guess it and go manually view the console, where the info is displayed.

I wonder if I have a wrong setting, but pop up / console notification instantly upon blocking would be nice.

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

a popup or blinking systray icon would be nice.
    Guess my popup came from one of the other scans, last time it was only the message in console and naming the suspicious program in the bottom console. But ok, if i press a program and nothing happens, it is routine to look in TDS first, maybe after the task manager to see if it was started and there you will see execprotection too in such cases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.