Pop Up Prompt 'Do You Want To Turn Autocomplete On?'

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ArthurLee, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArthurLee

ArthurLee Registered Member

Hi

I use Internet Explorer 7 and my operating system is Windows XP.

Everything's been fine until a month ago that strangely coincided with one of those automatic Security Windows Pack installations. Initially there were a few of my customized settings that had reverted to defaults (eg my saved cookies had gone in my CCleaner and Tune-Up Utility). But the main annoyance was that Autocomplete had been enabled. I hate this as I think it compromises security, especially with passwords. Anyway, I have so far:

Unchecked the 3 items in Tools>Internet Options>Content>Autocomplete Settings. ie Web Addresses, Forms, User Names and Passwords.

Unchecked the 'Use Inline Autocomplete' box in Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing.

Downloaded TweakUI from Windows Powertoys and unchecked the Enable Autocomplete Box under Common Dialogues.

Looked on the Internet for a registry fix and went to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Autocomplete>REG_DWORD but didn't understand how to change values that would perhaps disable any Autocomplete prompt.

However, every so often, when I'm typing into a Google search or the 'Run' command or any other application requiring data input, I have the annoying animated pop up 'Do you want to turn autocomplete On'? Well, erm, no I don't! :eek:

Please help me. It's not major but it's doing my head in! o_O

Any suggestions much appreciated - and I did do a search on all Forums about my problem but no topics addressed my particular concern.

Thanks.

2. tony62

tony62 Registered Member

Hi ArthurLee,
    malektips.com
    internetfixes.com
    Also: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.